Hi guys! Let me start off with this is going to be a long post! I wanted to break everything up for you, if you are planning a trip to Chicago or thinking about going! When I saw Southwest had a sale on roundtrip flights from Omaha to Chicago for $93, it was a no brainer to book the flight, my friend Marnie and I had talked about doing a weekend girls trip for awhile. Once we booked our flight and hotel, I searched some restaurants and things to do that would be fun. These are some of the things we did that I enjoyed! -Nat
- Where we stayed? The Conrad, Right off Michigan Ave (perfect location)
- Where We ate/drank?
1. The Hampton Social. This restaurant definitely lived up to the hype! It was actually my favorite restaurant we went to, I loved the nautical theme and the food was so yummy!
2.London House Rooftop. The Views are incredible as is the Sangria 🙂
3. Cindy’s Rooftop. Again cannot beat the view, we didn’t eat here but we did get drinks, I got a beer mimosa which was delicious!
4. The Purple Pig. I didn’t have my camera with me at this restaurant, The food is mediterranean inspired shared plates (go with someone who has the same taste buds as you) luckily Marnie and I like a lot of the same food so we loved it!
5. Rpm Italian. Amazing service and even better food.
- What we did?
1. Skydeck Tour. Not going to lie Marnie and I did a shot (maybe 2 😉 ) to calm our nerves before going out on the Skydeck box. We got a fastpass, which is only $10 more a ticket and it was so worth the $10. Otherwise we probably would have been in line for a hour. The pictures below were Pinterest inspired, I saw them and told Marnie we had to recreate them because I thought they were cool!2. Segway Tour. When Marnie first mentioned us doing this, I was hesistant…mostly because I worried I wouldn’t be able to drive the Segway, but it was super easy and so much fun!3. The Bean/Millennium Park. Such a cool park!
- What we did?
- Other Places we went to/things we did:
- Architectual Boat Tour
- Joy District–Cool atmosphere and rooftop view
- Disco– Fun multi level Bar
- Formento’s– Yummy Italian Restaurant in West Loop
- Shameless House– I am a huge Shameless Fan and had to make it to the Gallagher house. If you are wanting to go and see the block they film on this is the address: 2119 S. Homan Ave.
- Bottled Blonde