I got these camo jeans a couple weeks ago and love the zipper detail at the bottom! Camo is a huge trend right now, and these jeans I found to be super comfy and flattering! My booties are 33% off right now and stocked in all sizes! Today I shot a Fall look with a local Omaha Boutique, Hello Ruby. I will be featuring that outfit soon on here 🙂 I wanted to share with you guys one of my favorite recipes, I got from a friend if your looking to try a new dinner to make!
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (I’ve also used ground turkey with good results)
- 1 medium/large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce, or to taste (sriracha may be substituted)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger, or to taste
- one 8-ounce can water chestnut, drained and diced small
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- To a large skillet, add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through; stir intermittently to crumbly while cooking.
- Add the onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili garlic sauce, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and translucent and most of the liquid has been absorbed; stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, stir to combine, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onions, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Taste filling and make any necessary flavor adjustments, i.e. more soy sauce, hoisin, pepper, etc.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the lettuce leaves to serve. Recipe is best warm and fresh but filling will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.